“Work locally develops globally – but green!” is a unique combination of transnational partnership between local authorities, civil society and the private sector towards improvement of working methods for cooperation to fulfill gaps in the skills related to initiating and running green businesses, specifically recycling.
This project’s overall goal is to promote social entrepreneurship as a form of partnership between public and private stakeholders on local level while promoting development of green skills of Roma people in Macedonia, Bulgaria, Slovenia and Czech Republic.
- To share good practices on transnational level in the field of social entrepreneurship related to plastic recycling lead by Roma entrepreneurs from Macedonia with their EU counterparts from Czech Republic and Croatia while promoting green jobs in Slovenia, Croatia and Bulgaria.
- To improve green skills of local Roma population promoting and supporting the new and existing informal business to turn into formal businesses.
- To establish a strong network of Green Business Incubators ready to assist to start up green business to everyone trough virtual (on-line) support and ensured transnational mutual learning process thought successfully established public-private partnership between local stakeholders.
- Information and capabilities of stakeholders are increased and general public and policy makers are informed and encouraged for new forms of collaboration and partnership.
- Shared know-how and policy effects in the field of social entrepreneurship related to plastic recycling between EU members states and Macedonia and established green companies by Roma people, using the existing state mechanizes and positive measures for Roma employment.
- Raised employability and improved skills of local population in 3 cities enabling them for waste collection, recycling and independent running of businesses.
- Founded a network of Green Business Incubators and ensured virtual (on-line) support to interested individuals and companies to start up or turn on green business.
Target group(s) and beneficiaries:
- Roma individuals or Roma families: to assist them in the process of their self-employment or employment to achieve a social inclusion of Roma, as one of the most vulnerable and marginalized groups in EU and almost 90% socially excluded from the labor market. Also, will be presented the opportunities for microfinance on state level and by the European Union as a large supporter in microfinance of vulnerable groups and micro-enterprises as well as starting the social enterprises.
- Key stakeholders on national and local level: to bring positive effects and help in the efforts of the key stakeholders on local level (which are in charge to ensure adequate social protection and undertake appropriate social measures for vulnerable groups who lives in their municipalities/districts) to improve the situation and the status of local Roma inhabitants, ensuring their access to the labor market and raising their skills and employability.
- General public: This project aims to change and to shift the paradigm that Roma are not contributing to the development of the economies to the perception that Roma contributes to the development of their communities even better that many others, thought development of green businesses.
Component 1: Work locally-develop globally - This phase consist three main sets of activities related to analysis of the situation and need assessment of the local inhabitants, promotion of social entrepreneurship in doing green businesses, and mapping of the opportunities according to their needs.
Component 2: Mutual learning will be focused on good practices of private-public partnerships and establishment and running of the green businesses, social enterpreneurship and development of skills on interested entrepreneurs
Component 3: Green Business Incubators
In all three countries, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Slovenia, will be established specialized Green Business incubators. They will be settled in the premises of the partners, except in Shuto Orizari, where the Municipality will prepare completely new premises for this purpose. This will enable to existing informal business to turn into formal, ensuring support in founding companies related to recycling of the waste. In the business Incubators will be settled so called Recycling Education Centre, which will educate/train interested local inhabitants for start and manage green businesses. For this purpose will be ensured international expertise and a mixed team by representatives from the project partners will attend a training for this issue to be able to disseminate the skills further in their countries.
“I work green, now is your turn!”
Municipality of Shuto Orizari, Macedonia
- Association Roma Business Informative Center, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
- Roma Public Council Kupate, Sofia, Republic of Bulgaria
- Roma Informative Center Anglunipe, Republic of Slovenia
- European Development Agency, Prague, Czech Republic